OPEN POSITIONS AT BOULDER COUNTY FARMERS MARKETS
BCFM Market Staff (Longmont & Boulder)
Boulder County Farmers Markets (BCFM) is looking for seasonal market staff for our Denver and Longmont Farmers Markets. We are seeking energetic and talented individuals who are capable of working independently and as a team, able to multi-task and handle a wide variety of job responsibilities. Ideal candidates should have a passion for local food, be reliable and timely, and thrive in a physical work environment in all weather conditions.
Market Staff will assist in everything from setting up the market in the morning to breaking it down at the end of the day. This includes staffing our market information booth, selling merchandise, communicating with vendors and customers, managing our Eco-Cycle program, and general market activities. Additional opportunities for leadership exist and may be tailored to applicants experience, interest or expertise.
- Market set-up and break-down
- Sales & direct customer service through market buck & merchandise sales
- Support Market Coordinator’s efforts to enforce the market’s Rules & Regulations
- Sustain Eco-Cycle program during market hours
- Maintain market equipment and storage locations
- Assist in supervision of volunteers at market
- Maintain any mandatory street closures
- Ideal candidates will have 1-year experience working in local food systems.
- Available to work every Saturday from 6am-4pm in Boulder (through November 23), and from 6am – 3pm in Longmont (through November 23).
- Capable of performing physically demanding work including working outdoors year round
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as the work involves significant interaction with other staff, market patrons, and members of the community
- Knowledge and commitment to sustainable agriculture and related environmental issues would be a bonus
Reports directly to Boulder Market Coordinator, Hannah Stewart or Longmont Market Coordinator, Shawn Jelinek and Operations Manager, Elyse Wood.
Wages and Benefits
This is a part-time position, 10-18 hours per week, $12-$14/hr.
Send resume and cover letter to Elyse at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Please indicate if you are interested in the Longmont or Boulder position.